You like it, or you don’t: running. But it’s very healthy and good for building your condition. But once you get the hang of it, it gradually becomes more fun. Starting over is a bit difficult, especially after a temporary break.
- ‘Okay, let’s do this’. Because to be honest, after a period of rest and little exercise, it’s time to get a better condition.
- ‘Where did my outfit go?’ Where are my sports shorts? I swear I put it in the drawer last time I wore them.
- ‘What’s a good beginners round?’ It shouldn’t be too long, but it shouldn’t be too short either. Preferably also in a slightly different environment. And, given your current ‘starting all over again’, preferably also a route that you can possibly shorten.
- ‘Why’s my condition so bad?’ And you notice that after only a couple yards already.
- ‘Keep going, don’t stop!’ Because when you take a ‘break’, you have to get back into your rhythm. So go on, you can do it!
- ‘Cramps!’ In your side, in your calves and even in your back.
- ‘How long?’ Please… are you already halfway through your planned route?
- ‘Why did I do this?’ This is absolute hell! What do people like about this? How do they keep this up?
- ‘Are they fast? Or am I slow?’ Do they have no problem with it at all? How do they do that… Tips please!
- ‘I did it!’ You made it. Be proud of yourself. Before you know it, you’ll be running the marathon.
Love, Skye Lewis/Deem ❤
Images source: Pexels