Fruit is always a good way to add into a recipe. It certainly gives it a more ‘healthy’ idea. Or, maybe you disagree with me. Everyone has their own opinion 😉 In any case, today’s recipe is easy to make and moreover delicious! So, let’s get started!
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups quick cooking oats
- 1 ½ cups white sugar (divided)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup cold butter
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Steps to follow:
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C)
- Step 2: Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish
- Step 3: Put the flour, oats, 1 cup of sugar, cinnamon and baking soda in a large bowl
- Step 4: Cut the butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs
- Step 5: Keep about 2 cups flour-butter mixture for later use
- Step 6: Put the remaining mixture into the prepared baking dish and press it to form a crust
- Step 7: Put the blueberries, remaining 1/2 cup of sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice to a boil in a saucepan. Stir constantly until the mixture is thickened. Do this for about 2 minutes
- Step 8: Spread the blueberry mixture over the crust and sprinkle it with the oat mixture you saved for later use
- Step 9: Bake it in the preheated oven until the topping is just browned. Do this for about 25 minutes
- Step 10: Let it cool before you cut it. And it’s all ready to serve!
Do you like blueberries?
Love, Deem ❤