Christmas isn’t here yet, but December means it’s Christmas month! To get you in the Christmas spirit, I have a delicious recipe for you, consisting of Christmas biscuits/cookies! They’re delicious as a dessert, but also very tasty with coffee or tea!
- 500 grams of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 250 grams soft unsalted butter
- 300 grams of white caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Cookie cutters in Christmas shapes
- Decoration pens (optional)
How to prepare:
- Put the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- Mix the butter with the sugar until it becomes light and creamy.
- Add the eggs and stir in the 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- Now add everything to the flour, baking powder and salt and stir until everything’s fully incorporated.
- Cover the dough and let it rise for two hours.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200 degrees and grease the baking tray.
- Sprinkle flour over a clean work surface and roll the dough flat with a rolling pin.
- Press the cookie cutters out of the dough and bake for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Let the biscuits/cookies cool. Do you have decorative pens at home? Then brighten them up with some colours and drawings. Let your creativity run wild!
Love, Skye Lewis/Deem ❤
Image source: Pexels