Do you want to make an easy, (partly healthy) and delicious carrot cake? Check out this easy carrot cake recipe!
- 1 carrot
- 150 grams of melted butter
- 150 grams of sugar
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 200 grams of self-raising flour
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 125 grams of raisins
Ingredients for topping:
- 75 grams of butter (at room temperature)
- 100 grams of MonChou (at room temperature)
- 125 grams of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
How to make the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees and grease the springform pan. (You can also use some baking paper to prevent the bottom from sticking).
- Mix the grated carrot with the melted butter, sugar, eggs, salt and cinnamon in a bowl with a hand mixer.
- Sift the flour and add it to the bowl.
- Add the raisins and divide over the springform pan.
- Then put the springform pan in the oven for 45 minutes at 175 degrees. To check whether the cake is cooked or not, you can insert a skewer. When it comes out clean, the cake is ready.
How to make the topping:
- Make sure you only add this mixture when the cake has cooled completely (otherwise it’ll melt). Place the MonChou, softened butter and icing sugar in a bowl and mix until smooth with a hand mixer.
- Spread it over the cake and let the carrot cake set in the fridge.
Love, Skye Lewis/Deem ❤
Images source: Pexels