I know it hasn’t been too long since I last wrote a recipe, but I couldn’t help myself to share another one. After all, people need recipe ideas for Christmas desserts and I thought: why not help them find one? So, without further ado: let’s get started!
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 ½ cups of water
- 2 lemons (juiced and zested)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 4 egg yolks (beaten)
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust (baked)
- 4 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons of white sugar
How to make:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- We start the lemon filling: whisk together 1 cup of sugar, flour, cornstarch and salt in a medium saucepan. Stir in the water, lemon juice and lemon zest. Cook on medium-high heat, stir frequently until the mixture comes to a boil. Stir in the butter.
- Place the egg yolks in a small bowl and whisk in 1/2 cup of the hot sugar mixture, gradually. Whisk the egg yolk mixture back into the remaining sugar mixture. Bring to a boil and stir while cooking until it becomes thick. Remove from the heat and pour the filling into the baked pastry shell.
- Then we move on to the meringue: whip the egg whites until foamy in a large glass or metal bowl. Add the sugar, gradually, and continue to whip until stiff peaks form. Spread the meringue over the pie and seal the edges at the crust.
- Bake the pie in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes. Or until the meringue is golden brown.
Love, Deem/Skye Lewis ❤