Halloween is slowly creeping closer and closer. Say you’re looking for a cake recipe to present during Halloween, I got you covered! I’ll tell you how to make your very own spider web cheesecake! So, without further ado: let’s get started 🙂
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin (is about 1/4 ounce and is about 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 teaspoons)
- 1/4 cup of cold water
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) of cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of (heavy) whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 or 9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons of semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon of butter
How to make:
- Sprinkle gelatin over the water in a small saucepan. Let it stand for about one minute.
- Heat the gelatine and stir it until it dissolves.
- Remove the pan from the heat, let it cool slightly.
- Gradually beat in the cream, vanilla and gelatin mixture. Make sure it’s smooth.
- Pour it into the crust.
- Melt chocolate chips and butter in the microwave. Stir it afterwards, until it looks smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a heavy-duty resealable bag. Cut a small hole in the corner of it. Use it to make a circle of chocolate in the centre of the cheesecake.
- Pip evenly spaced thin concentric circles about 1/2 in, apart over the filling. Start with the centre circle and use a toothpick to gentle pull circles toward the outer edge. Wipe the toothpick clean and repeat to complete the web pattern.
- Cover the cake and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, before you cut the cake.
Love, Deem ❤