Everyone loves ice cream and most people love cookie dough (especially cookie dough ice cream). And, I bet people also like the thought of eating an ice cream sandwich. So, why not combine all of that? Yes, that’s what today’s recipe is all about!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of melted butter
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of milk (preferably whole milk or 2%)
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 2,5 cup of all-purpose flour (heat-treat the flour by cooking it in the microwave or oven to kill of any bacteria before using it in this recipe)
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1,5 cup of mini chocolate chips
- 3 qt vanilla ice cream (softened)
How to prepare
- Put some parchment paper in a baking tray and leave it overhang on the sides.
- Stir together the melted butter, both sugars, milk and vanilla extract in a large bowl, until combined.
- Stir in the flour and salt, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Press the cookie dough into the prepared baking try and make sure it’s evenly divided.
- Top it with a second piece of parchment and freeze until it shows firm, for about an hour.
- Remove the cookie dough from the tray and place it on a cutting board. Slice the dough down the centre.
- Scoop the ice cream on one half, the put the other half of cookie dough on top of that.
- Put it back in the tray and freeze for at least four hours (preferably up to overnight).
- Slice it into sandwiches and you’re ready to go!
Love, Deem ❤