Who doesn’t love chocolate pudding? Homemade even?! I surely do, on days I feel sad and want to eat nothing but chocolate. Or, you know, during the red days. Every female knows what I mean. In any case, let me share a recipe with you guys to make your very own homemade chocolate pudding!
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup of cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 4 cups of whole milk
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Optional: sweetened whipped cream and/or M&M’s
Steps to follow:
- Combine sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt in a heavy saucepan.
- Gradually add milk, a little bit at a time. Whisk it thoroughly after each addition until the mixture is smooth.
- Get it boiling over medium heat.
- Boil and stir for 2 minutes. Do this constantly.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the butter and vanilla.
- Spoon into individual serving dishes.
- Chill until you serve it.
- If desired, garnish with whipped cream and/or M&M’s.
Have you ever made your own homemade chocolate pudding?
Love, Deem ❤