I guess I can safely say that anyone who has pets, spoils them literally every day. I mean, that’s the thing we should do. And not only on National Pet Day. I myself also spoil my cat, but with care. I won’t overdo any treats for example. He’s healthy with his current weight, and I’d like to keep it that way 😉 Anyway, let’s take a look at the list to see how spoiled your pet is!
1. Your pet sleeps with you in bed. Some people may find this ‘dirty’ since you’d be sleeping with your pet’s hairs everywhere. But that’s not something an owner is bothered with. In fact, sleeping with an animal has proven to cause a good night’s sleep!
2. You buy gifts for your pet’s birthday. Or with Christmas. Or any other opportunity you can find. I mean, which pet doesn’t like new treats or a new toy? Sure, they’ll like the treats for only a month or so and their toy at most for two days.
3. You say hello to your pets first, before saying hello to anyone else you live with. It’s just your natural habit to do so. Also, it’s proven that it’s a good idea to talk with a child’s voice to a dog.
4. You try to stay seated and as still as you possibly can when your pet has fallen asleep onto your lap. I mean, look how cute he/she looks! And if you move, your pet will wake up and most likely get away from you.
5. Your pet has its own spot on the couch. Cats are known for this. They have their own corner of the couch and therefore, most owners never dare to sit there. After all, the couch is big enough to sit in a different spot!
6. You have conversations with your pet. It’s sometimes very lovely to speak with your dog instead of talking with humans. It looks as if they understand you completely. And that’s exactly what you need!
7. You give your pet food whenever they beg for some. It’s not the best habit to have, but you simply can’t help it. Whenever they look at you with those pleading eyes… you have to give in.
8. You watch films and series together. Sure, your pet doesn’t understand anything that’s happening, but it’s the best feeling in the world to have your pet laying next to you while watching something.
9. You cancel dates or appointments with friends to spend the night with your pet. Your pet deserves attention too! And you’ve been working the entire day, or been at school the entire day, and your pet has missed you.
Have you spoiled your pet? Or does this show you should maybe consider doing it?
Love, Deem ❤
Images source: Pexels