Snacking is life. In these weird times, we have all the time in the world to bake things. Which means I have a recipe to share with y’all! Chocolate + red velvet = red velvet truffles. So, let me tell you how to create this delicious treat!
- 300 grams of granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 250 grams of dairy butter (on room temperature)
- 1 spoon of red colouring
- 1 spoon of cocoa powder
- 200 grams of flour
- 125 milliliters of buttermilk
- Drops vanilla extract (to your own flavour)
- Baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of vinegar
- 200 grams of cream cheese & MonChou
- 500 grams of melted chocolate (choose your favourite flavour)
How to make it:
- Preheat your oven on 175 degrees (Celsius)
- Mix 125 grams of dairy butter and the granulated sugar in a bowl.
- Add the eggs and mix it with the rest of the batter.
- Add a pinch of saly and the vanilla extract.
- Add the cocoa powder and colouring to the batter.
- Mix half of the buttermilk and flour with the batter. As soon as you’ve mixed this together, you can add the rest of the buttermilk and flour.
- Put the vinegar and baking powder in a small bowl and add it to the batter afterwards.
- Grease the baking tin well and pour the batter into it.
- Bake the cake for about 40 minutes.
- Melt 175 grams of chocolate. Make sure to let it cool down.
- Mix the other 125 grams of daily butter in a bowl, make sure it’s smooth.
- Add the cream cheese and melted chocolate to it and mix it all until a smooth mixture occurs.
- Get the cake out of the oven and crumble it while it’s still in the baking tin. Save a few crumbles for the topping.
- Add the topping and the MonChou to the cake and mix it all together.
- Melt the rest of the chocolate.
- Create round balls with the batter and dip them in the melted chocolate.
- Use the rest of the cake crumbles or other toppings to finish off your truffles.
- Let the chocolate harden before you eat it!
Have you ever eaten truffles before?
Love, Deem ❤